Saturday, 30 January 2016

Hello!!!! I'm back! Decoart Winter Wonderland Challenge



Hello my beautiful crafty friends, long time no speak!!! Last year was a whirlwind of change for me. I made the massive move from Australia back to my home in Scotland. I took 6 months off to adjust to all the changes in my life (marriage breakup, international move, getting the boys settled, house hunting) so much happening but now I'm back creating. My studio still isn't set up so back drops for photos etc are not perfect but I'll get there. 

Mt term with Art Anthology has ended so time to expand my horizons and play with some new products and first on my list was Decoart.  They have an amazing challenge on at the moment and the theme is winter wonderland. You all know how much I love to alter stuff so when I saw this little bust she was the perfect Snow Queen!


She started off looking like this:


I used Gelatos to add some shading to her face as seen below.



The image below shows her hair painted in Decoart Purple Pearl metallics acrylic paint. I have discovered the best crackle paste EVER!!!! It's in the Decoart Media line and I wish I had discovered it sooner. It's so easy to use, I just spread some on her hair to create a cracked ice effect. I watered down some of the Purple Pearl paint to create a glaze to blend in with the rest of her hair. I then rubbed some gilders wax into the cracks. Decoart metallic wax is next on my list of purchases.


More details of the crackling below, isn't this stuff amazing!!!


I added a Tim Holtz snowflake and  diamante necklace I had in my stash. 


Close up of her face. she's quite scary looking but don't you just love that beautiful, vibrant purple?


I added more crackle paste to her shoulders and again rubbed in some gilders wax.


 On her left shoulder I used Decoart Crackle Glaze. This is is liquid consistency rather than paste and is transparent. Again, I love it and would recommend both these products. I've used a ton of crackle products over the years and these are by far my favourite.




The base is just a cake support. I painted the edges with Decoart Sapphire Blue Glamour Dust. To create the snow I used modelling paste. I then painted the tips with the Glamour Dust. I added some flock, tinsel glitter and some pearls to create a snowy, Winter effect. My Queen's bustier was created using Powertex which is a fabric hardener. I then painted the edges again with Blue Sapphire Glamour Dust. I will do a Powertex tutorial at a later date. I used a Tim Holtz die for my title. Yes, I love Game of Thrones ;-).



I hope you like my snow queen, I had so much fun creating her and experimenting with Decoart products. I've got tons more stuff to share with you soon.

It's great to be back!!!!

Jen xxx



















1 comment :

  1. Beautiful, Jen. Love all the crackles you've achieved. I knew there was something familiar about the titel. I'm happy to see you back in your craft room.Thanks for joining us at the DecoArt Winter Wonderland Challenge. Good Luck♥

    ReplyDelete