Friday, 6 December 2013

Treasured Memory



Hi everyone, hope you are well. It's December, can you believe that? Where does the time go? 

Quite a few of my Design Teams have just finished or are nearly finishing. I've been having a lot of fun in the last few weeks creating just for me. I've been doing a lot of altered work for Christmas presents and have enjoyed it so much. I would love to join a DT just for altered work, maybe one day I will find the perfect company.

A few layouts to share this week with you. I have been focusing on my children and not a Christmas layout in sight.

First up is my beautiful daughter. I used Websters Pages, Welcome to Paris II for this layout. Just love this paper line.


I don't know why but I don't usually use titles on my layouts and when I do they don't tend to be as large as this one. I like to tell the story behind the photo on the reverse side.I got this title as part of my prize from Nadia Canizzio as a special mention on Once Upon A Sketch.  The lace and flower embellishment are also from Websters and the flowers are Prima. 



Lots of fussy cutting to create depth and a some more flowers and leaves from Prima.


I used a Prima mask and some texture paste around the frame to draw attention to the photo. I painted the texture past with Kaiser Craft antique white acrylic paint and went round it with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I also added some white die cuts. 

Thanks for joining me today. My oldest son Alex is next on my blog tomorrow.

Jen xxx




6 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous layout Jennifer, so heartfelt. the photo is gorgeous and the layout just embraces it so well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very touching layout Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! ...the design & your precious angel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful layout... love the clusters under the cute photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! Preserving precious memories with such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, this is just gorgeous!! What a sweet photo of your daughter and I love the frame you created around her, so pretty!! Fabulous colours and a beautiful design ... stunning!!! ox

    ReplyDelete